Urban was founded in 2014 by Jack and Giles, who had a simple mission: to provide easy and affordable access to wellness so that people can live happier and healthier every day.
Since then, we've delivered well over 300,000 massage therapy treatments in London, Paris, Manchester and Birmingham. We empower wellness practitioners by providing them with a marketplace to meet local customers, business software to manage their work and a community to belong to.
In late 2018, we expanded beyond massage to form three business divisions: mind/body, beauty and fitness. Our growing range of services includes massage, facial, nail and osteopath treatments performed at times and places chosen by our users.
Urban’s culture and whom we work with
We believe that freedom and trust bring the best out of people, so we work with team-players who get the importance of owning their responsibilities.
We live and breathe our values; we're curious, supportive, fair, evident in our communication, and never settle for average. We're a diverse team and particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
We're building the future of wellness. Join us.
As a logistic enabled and community-driven marketplace in the wellness sector, timely and accurate data is crucial for all the team in Urban to make well-informed, data-driven decisions to enhance our user's well-being. We are looking for a Mid to Senior level Data Engineer to join our Data and Analytics Team in our Lithuanian Office.
Working closely with Head of Analytics and our Dev Ops team, you will have the opportunity to maintain and build out our first in class Data Pipeline and Warehousing platform, providing you with insight on how data infrastructure can impact business strategies and day to day operation across all team from Executives to Supply Operation.
What you will be doing?
- Report to the Head of Analytics, maintain the current Data Pipeline and BI infrastructure which supports data-driven decision-making in Urban
- Owning and Executing revamp plan for next-generation tracking and pipeline tools
- Communicate with data users to understand different business use-case to facilitate Data Warehouse design and assisting in strategic data infrastructure projects
- Take ownership for the quality of data. Liaise with teams who own the upstream data source collection to rectify data issues
- Assist Data Scientist to Productionise data science models
We believe that great insights come from team-work and tenacious curiosity. The analytics team's lean structure provides individuals with ultimate freedom and responsibility to share great ideas, make a tremendous impact and rotate among streams for wider exposure.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or Mathematics
- Min 3 years+ in data engineering, backend or dev-ops related experience
- Expert in Python in ETL/Data manipulation application
- Solid in SQL, especially on understanding how to run manipulation tasks efficiently in a certain environment
- Have a great drive to build infrastructure, and love to see how data can impact our business
- An excellent sense of data
- Highly Dynamic and Result focus environment
- Flexibility on balance between an excellent pipeline and a workable solution in a timely manner
Nice to have
- Experience with BigQuery and Redshift
- Experience with Cloud Platform and Dev-Ops
- Experience with statistical modelling, data science project and advanced analytics
- Evolution in a fast-growing startup with excellent career opportunities
- Extensive training to give an understanding of all the different central departments in the business.
- Opportunity to work with an international and highly motivated team
- Freedom and responsibility in a unique role of a booming wellness economy
- Well-spec Apple hardware
- Unlimited days of holiday