Operations Manager - Paris
Urban was founded in 2014 by Jack and Giles who had a simple mission: to provide easy and affordable access to wellness, so people can live happier and healthier every day.
Since then, we've delivered well over 300,000 massage therapy treatments in London, Paris, Manchester and Birmingham. We empower wellness practitioners by providing them with a marketplace to meet local customers, business software to manage their work and a community to belong to.
In late 2018, we expanded beyond massage to form three business divisions: mind/body, beauty and fitness. Our growing range of services includes massage, facial, nail and osteopath treatments performed at times and places chosen by our clients.
THE CULTURE AND WHO WE WORK WITH
We believe that freedom and trust bring the best out of people, so we work with team-players who get the importance of owning their responsibilities.
We live and breathe our values; we believe in pushing boundaries, working as a team, taking ownership, thinking win-win-win, and the power of well. We’re a diverse team and particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
We’re building the future of wellness. Join us.
At heart, we are a marketplace between buyers and sellers. One of our biggest ongoing and evolving challenges is to create the right ratio between demand and supply at all times. This role is solely-focused on delivering this whilst maintaining strong unit economics on the supply side of our business. Success in this role means users having good selection of practitioners across all categories, at all times, whilst ensuring high earnings for our practitioners.
That is why we are looking for an outstanding candidate to lead the Paris Supply Operations. In your role, you will be responsible for Paris Therapist Onboarding Operations from start to end: acquisition, on-boarding and early-stage activation of a pool of hundreds of practitioner partners. To succeed, you will need a balanced mix of excellent people, process, and analytical skills. You should want to be part of a strong growth journey, and have what it takes to scale operations quickly and efficiently.
This is one of the most challenging roles in our business. We are looking for someone ready for a massive challenge, and ready to work tirelessly to make a huge impact on our business.
- Strategic ownership and responsibility of Therapist Onboarding Operations from start to end.
- Play a key role in shaping the process for onboarding therapists, as we grow into a multi-category business.
- Run the onboarding operation as efficiently as possible, whilst ensuring that we keep in mind the readiness of onboarded therapists.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (Marketing, Product, Customer Service, Finance, People and Talent), representing supply vision and interests and assuring adequate support and cross-company understanding.
- Grow and own our key relationships with feeder schools to ensure cost-effective sourcing of practitioners at source.
- Recruitment, management and training of a growing team of 2 people.
- Work with the dedicated product team to constantly identify areas for growth, improved execution and constant optimisation.
- French speaking, English required
- Process visionary: you should be able to wrestle with pros and cons of different processes, review competitors processes to identify game-changing ways to become significantly more effective at onboarding practitioners.
- Responsible process-owner: Onboarding decade of practitioners a week can quickly get messy without great processes, well-delivered. You should be incredibly detail-oriented about the department processes and be constantly improving them.
- Analytical: You should be comfortable analysing the data of 350s of therapists, as well as making judgment calls on the profiles of just 10 therapists. This takes very strong judgment, coupled with bias to intuitive action.
- A balanced mix of people, technical, and operational skills
- Creativity: you should be able to to come up with new ideas to solve problems and improve metrics: this could equally be a new acquisition driver or a long-term churn optimisation technique.
- You’ll be responsible for researching, engineering and executing innovative supply onboarding. You will find a balance between quality, efficiency and scalability.
- Take a key role in our journey to revolutionise wellness globally. Be part of a diverse, talented and driven team, carefully assembled from all over the world
- Take ownership of what you do, and make an impact immediately, with the opportunity to learn every day
- Casual Dress Policy
- Urban Unlimited Holiday after probation (yes we mean it)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual company retreat/large event
- Fully spec'd hardware and your choice of desk setup
- Discounts on at-home massages