Graduate Operations Lead
Urban was founded in 2014 by Jack and Giles who had a simple mission: to provide easy and affordable access to wellness, so people can live happier and healthier every day.
Since then, we've delivered well over 300,000 massage therapy treatments in London, Paris, Manchester and Birmingham. We empower wellness practitioners by providing them with a marketplace to meet local customers, business software to manage their work and a community to belong to.
In late 2018, we expanded beyond massage to form three business divisions: physical wellbeing, beauty and fitness. Our growing range of services includes massage, facial, nail and osteopath treatments performed at times and places chosen by our clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will support the Category Manager for Beauty in growing our pool of practitioners for the category, taking responsibility for treatment quality, practitioner experience, and ensuring there is sufficient supply to meet demand in this category.
This role involves working alongside the Onboarding Team & Beauty Category Manager to build and nurture Urban’s partner community; ensuring that new practitioners have a positive first interaction with Urban during the onboarding process, and taking actions to continue practitioner engagement throughout their tenure on the platform.
- Grow the active pool of therapists and practitioners across all beauty verticals
- Identify ways to improve engagement, retention and utilisation of the beauty practitioner pool.
- Test hypotheses through research and data analysis, breaking down complex issues into route causes.
- Strategize and test solutions to issues identified.
- Be the key executer behind these strategies, rolling out solutions across the UK.
- Help with and identify new ways of improving onboarding, working alongside the Onboarding Strategy Lead to implement any improvements when possible.
- Managing and delivering on ad hoc initiatives relating to improving supply metrics within clear deadlines.
- Taking ownership of treatment quality, therapist satisfaction, and scaling the practitioner pool – working with other departments to launch initiatives when necessary
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from a reputable University
- Previous operational experience within a start-up is desirable
- Background in, or ability to demonstrate an interest in beauty and wellness is a plus
- Proactive and creative problem-solver: search for new ways to improve the performance of the function, seeking out improvements without need for direction
- Speed and a bias for action: get things done fast and to a high standard, always finding ways to achieve results
- Resilient: hard working and reliable, showing high self-motivation
- Analytical: able to manipulate data to spot and prove trends
- Strategic: think strategically about the business horizon to build for the future
- Competitive starting salary between £22,000 and £26,000 + access your earned wages before payday through Wagestream
- Urban Unlimited Holiday after probation (yes we mean it, unlimited holiday)
- Discounts on at-home treatments
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual company retreat/large event, company socials and weekly drinks!
- Fully spec’d hardware (Mac or PC) and your choice of desk setup
- Free weekly yoga/fitness sessions
- Access to benefits through Perkbox
- Casual Dress Policy
- Our amazing Urban HQ in central London with a Ping-Pong Table, Zen room, Juices and Fresh Fruit, breakfasts and more