In Urban, our vision is to improve everyone's wellbeing and help wellness practitioners to build their business. As Well-being is a highly personalized field with countless externality, Urban believes that statistical modeling and machine learning will power us to understand and provide tailored assistance in their wellness journey for both the practitioners and users in the best way possible. We are looking for ambitious Mid to Senior level Data Scientists with great Analytics, Machine Learning or Behavioural Modeling experience to join our Lithuanian R&D Centre.
As a marketplace in the healthcare sector we are constantly striving to understand the therapists’ and their clients’ behaviour. The Data and Analytics Team act as the internal consultant to support data driven and measurable decisions for our business. You will work with all business functions to help apply scientific thinking and apply statistical/mathematical solutions to business questions and problems.
What you will be doing?
You will be involved in machine learning or analytical modeling projects including:
- Users and Therapist behaviour modeling and prediction
- Market simulations, travel and availability optimization
- Well-being analytics and suggestion modeling
- Preference matching modeling
- Image Recognition, NLP and automation models
Along with various business functions, you would be:
- Delivering and productionize models on certain facet of our customer's wellbeing and product cycle
- Researching and developing machine learning models to improve marketplace efficiency via more intelligent product functionality
- Develop 'proof of concept' using our data to improve practitioners' business and maximizing their earning
As a startup, staying focused and delivering impactful work is the key. Working with our Head of Analytics you will have high degree of freedom on delivering models for us to better serve our customers. Being in a highly dynamic startup your role is challenging but rewarding, with the potential of implementation and bringing true impact to a multi-national business.
- Master or PhD in analytical, numeric or statistics focus subject
- Commercial experience in Data Mining, ML or Data Science (min 2 yrs with PhD, min 3 yrs otherwise)
- Experience in both supervised and unsupervised ML strategies, especially in knowledge discovery, information extractions, classification, segmentation or association domain
- Excellent Problem Solving skills and love defining problems from different angles
- Have a great drive to build something together, and love to see how your models and insights impact our business
- Openness to research on various models to deliver insight - whatever works, works
- Highly Dynamic and Result focus environment - That also means you would see the impact of your insight
- Flexibility on balance between excellent modelling and a workable solution in a timely manner to meet business requirements
- Experience in statistical modeling or machine learning algorithm in predicting human behaviour modeling
- Solid experience in Python and SQL
Nice to have
- Experience with NLP related projects is a plus
- Experience in delivering production level model, especially containerised deployment of ML services (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Experience in Data Visualization is a plus
- Evolution in a fast growing startup with excellent career opportunities
- Extensive training to give an understanding of all the different central departments in the business.
- Opportunity to work with international and highly motivated team
- Freedom and responsibility in an unique role of a booming wellness economy
- Well-spec Apple hardware
- Unlimited days of holiday