Urban have an exciting opportunity for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our new tech hub in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Our product team is full of highly-skilled multi-disciplined engineers working closely with each other across design, engineering and testing. Our fast-moving team bring together strategy, creativity and technology in agile programmes of work. We embrace strong development standards, continuous integration, peer review, test automation and replicable deployment processes. Within this role, you'd be encouraged to explore new technologies and take ownership of your work.
What you will be doing
- Code in Swift (and maintain / replace some old objective-c)
- Apply industry standard best practices
- Collaborate with colleagues across various areas of the business
- Lead within your discipline – architect using modern front-end stacks and help coordinate delivery
- Contribute to our overarching technical architecture and vision
- Delivering exceptional code
- You write testable, extendable and maintainable code
- Picking up new technologies when appropriate for the task in hand
- Git / SVN or similar version control experience
- A self-driven attitude and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- We also expect you to genuinely enjoy your craft, to take initiative, and want to help do things better
Nice to haves:
- Contributed to open source projects
- An active personal account on Github, Bitbucket or similar
- Utilised build tools e.g. Fastlane and continuous deployment techniques
- Evolution in a fast growing startup with excellent career opportunities
- Extensive training to give an understanding of all the different central departments in the business.
- Opportunity to work with international and highly motivated team
- Freedom and responsibility in an unique role of a booming wellness economy
- Well-spec Apple hardware
- Unlimited days of holiday
Urban was founded in 2014 by Jack and Giles who had a simple mission: to provide easy and affordable access to wellness, so people can live happier and healthier every day.
Since then, we've delivered well over 300,000 massage therapy treatments in London, Paris, Manchester and Birmingham. We empower wellness practitioners by providing them with a marketplace to meet local customers, business software to manage their work and a community to belong to.
In late 2018, we expanded beyond massage to form three business divisions: mind/body, beauty and fitness. Our growing range of services includes massage, facial, nail and osteopath treatments performed at times and places chosen by our clients.
Urban’s culture and who we work with.
We believe that freedom and trust bring the best out of people, so we work with team-players who get the importance of owning their responsibilities.
We live and breathe our values; we’re curious, supportive, fair, clear in our communication, and never settle for average. We’re a diverse team and particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
We’re building the future of wellness. Join us!